Monday, October 04, 2010

Haiku and a High

salmon sunset light
dissolves to indigo depths -
reflections vanish

Decent week of running last week, but the weekend was interesting. On Saturday, after plenty of rest, I did a short run in the afternoon. Only three miles. I felt like crap. Then on Sunday, after not getting much sleep Saturday night, and some pretty marginal nutrition during the day, I decide to go for a five mile run. I felt pretty good as I started, and by the time I got to mile four, I was feeling really good.

Then the runner's high kicked in.

Wow. It's been a long time since I've felt that good. For the next two miles, I picked up the pace and was just cruising. It felt so good to run so hard for a change. Everything was clicking and the endorphins were just flowing through my body. I felt like I could have kept it up for another mile or so easily. In fact I though about taking another loop around the pond to make a seven mile run but it was getting dark so I just headed home.

It was a very good run.

C-Ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home