Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunny and 16

Yep, 16 degrees this morning. And with a good breeze, the wind chill was probably in the single digits. But I was prepared -- two layers just about everywhere.

And 16 was also the number of miles I ran this week. I missed one day, but got four runs in. Next week I'll get my five runs in and top 20 miles for the week. That will be the first time since the injury two and a half years ago. Seems like a long time ago, and a long ways to go.

As I frequently talk about running the pond (Fresh Pond in Cambridge), I thought I'd post a couple pictures of it. These were taken yesterday when it was slightly warmer (though overcast). It was 20 degrees. (Fortunately we're supposed to warm up to the 30's for the next few days.)



This is from across the pond looking back towards Cambridge and Boston. It's almost totally frozen over. At the top you can just see two of Boston's famous landmarks (buildings). To the left is the Hancock tower. Closer to the center you can just see the Prudential Center (The "Pru" -- finish line for the Boston Marathon). I gave the Pru a wink for Juls.




One more view. You can see the area here where the pond is fed from a spring -- it's not frozen.




Finally, here's a shot of the trail. It's 2.25 miles around the pond on the main trail, 2.5 if you add another short segment. I'll typically run here if I need to get in anywhere from 3 to 5 miles. More than that and I head to the Charles River Reservoir. These days, as I'm rebuilding, I'm getting most of my running in this area. I'll soon be expanding though, so maybe some pictures from the Charles next month.

C-Ya

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to run. Congratulations on the great week.

2/07/2010 11:52 PM  
Blogger Vince A. said...

Regards from Houston. My brother John lives exactly across the street from the pond on the Cambridge side in a three story white duplex. I have run the loop a couple of times and may run it again when I visit up there 3rd week in April. Please have it be warmer by then..

2/10/2010 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home