Monday, February 22, 2010

An Incomplete Week

Yes, it's true, my training was incomplete this week. I missed one day.

Now, I could blame it on the mid-week snow we had. And in fact, that did shorten one of my runs (the next day I was hoping the warm sun had melted all the snow on the neighborhood track and I could run some intervals -- but no, still covered in slush).

No, I probably have to lay some of the blame on the two bourbons I had Tuesday night (Fat Tuesday!) with my brother who was in Boston on business. That just really took Wednesday out of the picture (and I wasn't going to miss ashes Wednesday evening either). That left me with four runs to do in four days.

Didn't happen.

I did get my six miles in on Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful day to run along the banks of the Charles River. And six miles is still a tough run for me. I'm sure it will be several months before I'm enjoying the long runs again.

Hopefully this week I can get that interval session in. I do have a 5K on the calendar -- less than three weeks away now.

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Blogger iJuls said...

Keep up the good work. You'll get there.

2/23/2010 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home