Sunday, January 24, 2010

Still running...

...though I missed a couple days this last week.

What can I say? Not so easy to get back into the swing of running outside when you live in Boston -- and it's January! Still, it warmed up a bit today. Something like 40 degrees. And it's supposed to get almost up to 50 tomorrow. Woo hoo! Yeah, I'll be going out for a run. This morning's run was still on the cold side. Felt like about 25 degrees.

The knees are good. They're holding up well. I just keep having issues with my heels. Guess it's obviously time for new running shoes.

Weird. It's been so long since I've bought running shoes. I need to actually research them again. I've always had good luck with Brooks, but I think this time I might consider some other brands. I think as long as they have extra cushioning and some stability control I should be all right.

C-Ya

[No, not time yet]

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I am not sure if you usually go to a running store, but I learned the hard way that researching on my own can have sad consquences. I failed to notice a change in my body and gait and stuck with the same shoes, which contributed to my current injury. Changes shoes immediately and am now on the mend.

If it's been awhile, you might want to seek a true professional that understands runners and list everything that's gone wrong of late. It worked for me.

1/25/2010 4:36 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh my, I never make good use of that preview function. Last comment should have included this:

Changed shoes immediately and am now on the mend.

1/25/2010 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home