Friday, January 15, 2010

Enough already! (plus haiku)

sunrise smears
across the frozen pond
-- geese are calling

Yeah, enough of the cold already! How many consecutive days of, like, 20 degrees? Too many. So when I woke up this morning and it was in the low 30's, I knew I had to take advantage of the "balmy" weather. It was a nice run around the pond (still frozen over of course). When I reached to far side, the sun was just above the trees and its reflection just smeared across the entire pond. ("Where are my sunglasses?").

Still taking it easy on the runs, but occasionally pushing the speed a little.

This weekend, since it's supposed to be sunny and 40 tomorrow, I'm going to push the distance a little bit. Go 4 or 5 miles. [That just really sounds so pathetic after all those 50 and 60 mile weeks training for marathons.] I know, enjoy what you can. Last year I couldn't run a block without significant pain in the knee. And now I'm back on the road to recovery.

Oh, and one other thing...

I'm signing up for a 5K! March 14th in Cambridge. More details later, but it gives me something for motivation. See, I've also got two friends who have just started running and I've talked them into doing the race. So... yeah, I gotta do it too. It'll be fun, right?

We're not talking marathon.

Yet.

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the long run goes well for you and happy for your progress.

1/16/2010 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home