Friday, December 04, 2009

haiku time again!

cool morning air
awaits me at fresh pond -
a bird is calling


Ran this morning around Fresh Pond. A lovely run. Of course I'm having to take it really easy as I rebuild my knee. But this morning was about 2 1/2 miles of running (3 including the walking breaks). Yeah, and those walking breaks weren't just for my knees. I am so out of running form.

But it feels so good to get outside and run. My weekly total will only be something like 7 miles. But that's 7 miles more than I was doing a month ago. Or a year ago. Or two years ago.

I cannot wait to get out and run again (on Sunday). Although I feel little tiny tweaks in my knee, in general things are looking very good -- just in time for Winter here in Boston. Hmm...5K in March?

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back at it. Hope all goes well for you.

12/04/2009 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home