Friday, February 15, 2008

Slow but Steady Progress

Last Sunday I ran 5 miles.

I count that as quite a success. It was around a 10 minute pace. I am so out of shape. But then, what else should I expect for being out of commission for six months. I'm not complaining. I'll take the running anyday.

Even a run through a snow squall.

Yep. Weather was pretty weird on Sunday. I left home, temperatures were not bad -- low 30's. It was overcast. I heard there was a storm coming so figured I should get out and do the run.

I ran down to the Charles River and down towards Harvard. Just as I'm crossing the river to head back, it starts to sprinkle. OK, not bad. I have no problems with this. But then, within about 60 seconds, sleet is stinging my face. For the next mile and a half, I run face into driving sleet and then snow.

But I'm not complaining.

Except that about the time I get home, it all stops. And by the time I finished my cool-down walk, the sun is shining.

Great timing.

I'll be in Brooklyn this weekend and plan to do six miles on Sunday -- Prospect Park.

Running (despite how out of shape I am) is feeling really, really good.

C-Ya

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hint would be to use this new product on the market called Alternative Energy from Function Drinks. It pumps you up for 6+ hours and it is a totally all natural product.

Give it a shot and you will thank me for the rest of your journey! =)

Keep up the good work!

2/26/2008 8:18 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

glad the running is going well! Hopefully I will see you in Boston in April!

3/05/2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger iJuls said...

Congratulations on getting out. It is tough in the beginning but hopefully you'll get your old level back soon.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. All the best to you,
Juls

3/05/2008 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home