Monday, January 07, 2008

Stupid Knee

Well, I did get out yesterday for a run. Hey, it was 51 in Boston. There was no way I wasn't going to at least try running. In shorts and T-shirt. On January 6th.

Unfortunately, the knee -- or rather the meniscus -- was not entirely cooperative. I've been having some occasional twinges since New Year's Day -- when I stepped off the last step of our stairs and torqued the knee a little bit. It felt like a short-term thing, but was still giving me some issues. I didn't get much further that a mile when I decided it wasn't worth pushing it any further. There was some uncomfortable pain on the downhills, and the flat didn't feel that great either.

On the plus side, I discovered that running uphill felt absolutely wonderful. Tomorrow I plan to do one of those hill workouts on the treadmill (along with my other cross training).

Things feel much better today with the knee, though I'll still just do the elliptical and rowing workout, along with some weights.

It's a long term thing.

C-Ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home