Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, things could be worse...

More in my next post, but the second half of 2007 was pretty much dominated by my "worst ever injury". Previous record was held by a groin pull back in the early 90's. I was out for 6 months. This time, it's been 6 months, and I'm not out of the woods by any means.

However, the good news is -- I am FINALLY able to run a little bit again. For the first time since last July. I ran 3 miles yesterday. And I consider it quite an accomplishment.

And then I stepped off the bottom stair onto our porch and torqued my knee. No workout today -- it still hurts. But I should be back in the gym tomorrow.

It is amazing how "de-trained" I've become in the last 6 months. I will be starting out 2008 from scratch. Running short distances maybe 3 days per week. Building very slowly (although with plenty of cross-training). But I am optimistic.

My goal for 2008: Tucson Marathon in December -- qualify for Boston and New York.

How will I get there? Three months of slow build-up. Three months of base training. Five months of marathon training. Should be enough cushion for any small set-backs.

So, what have I been doing the past six months while I wasn't doing any heavy duty training?

Songwriting

Also, by next week, I hope to have uploaded all of my (running-related) haiku to my website. You'll be able to find all of them in one place.

And any of you on myspace feel free to link up to my myspace space.

C-Ya

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a plan for the new year. Hope all goes well.

I really enjoyed the songs on your new site. We could use a few more Erlenes in this world. I have always dreamed of having a Martin.

1/05/2008 12:21 AM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Thanks, Craig!

I think there are probably many unrecognized Erlene's in this world.

[Found the Martin (1970 D-28) on craigslist -- it's a killer.]

1/05/2008 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home