Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grrrr!!!

The injury that won't quit.

The foot is fine -- no more plantar fasciitis. The hamstring injury just won't give up. It was in the middle of the left hamstring leading up to and past my Hyannis marathon. Not enough to totally derail the training and race, but enough to have had some effect. Trained and raced through it.

After resting for a while, started up with the training again. So the hamstring injury moved up the muscle into my butt. A real pain in the butt. Meanwhile, the plantar fasciitis shows up. I'm sure each of these was affecting the other.

After backing off again, some total rest and then starting back up again, the foot pain (plantar fasciitis) is gone. Meanwhile the hamstring injury moves its way back down my leg to the hamstring tendons (behind the knee). It seemed to be getting better.

It just got worse again.

And again I will have to back off on running. Increase the cross-training. Ice it. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

And so now, the Tucson marathon would be too soon for a serious BQ attempt. If I can resume training again in another 4 to 6 weeks, I could possibly do the Arizona Rock N Roll marathon as a BQ attempt. Weather would be good. It's flat. A little crowded at the beginning, but doable. But training in Boston all the way into January.

Gonna have to take this one week at a time.

Grrrr!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger runliarun said...

A real pain in the butt, indeed.

7/28/2007 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also shooting for the Boston Marathon. I am recovering from plantar fasciitis. It's been lingering since last year. Now it's starting to improve since I took about 12 weeks off running.

The Rock n' Roll Arizona is a great marathon. I did the inaugural race in 2004. Since then I have been back to do the half-marathon. I was hoping to qualify for Boston in 2204 in Arizona, but it didn't happen. The weather and elevation were factors for a Seattle runner.

8/10/2007 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I broke my foot years ago and when it troubles me it leads to other sore spots and injuries. It is interesting how your body needs all the parts healthy.

home rehab

8/22/2007 7:39 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Yes, hamstring's heal sllloooooooowwwwwwwllllllyyyyyy. grrr. I still feel mine from time to time, and my injury was in early 2004! Good luck, heal well.

9/15/2007 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home