Thursday, May 10, 2007

If It's Not One Thing...

...It's another.

The hamstring is almost completely healed. (Yeah!) Now I've some plantar fasciitis coming and going in my left foot. (Boo!) But at least I think I understand how to deal with this one. It seems to mostly become irritated when I start out a run going uphill.

So don't do that.

I realized last Sunday morning that after several days of not much complaining from the foot, when I started out my medium-long run of 11 miles. The first quarter mile is all uphill. There was no pain when I started, but by the top of the hill, it was hurting. A half mile or so later, it was stretched out, but I had problems with it the rest of the day. But when I run at work, which normally starts out going downhill for half a mile on soft trails, I had almost no pain whatsoever.

Just need to find a new route from home to the Charles River trail that doesn't take me over any serious hills in the first mile.

This delay in getting back to some serious training has pretty much removed the Memorial Day "Run to Remember" half marathon from my calendar. I don't need to push myself yet, I want to be healthy when I start the long haul to my BQ next December.

And what's up with this weather?

Sunday morning's run was in the high 40's. My next run, on Tuesday, was in the 80's. Today it was in the 90's. I'm not acclimated to this heat yet!

C-Ya

3 Comments:

Blogger justine said...

hi,
im just wondering how you get though's cool templates.. any ways send me a comment back at
www.justinesacupcake.blogspot.com

i would really like to hear from you!~

5/10/2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

90s!!! Dang, I'd take the 40's. Smart you for not pushing your training - I'm trying to be so smart. Happy running.

5/10/2007 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have troubles running when the temp gets over 85. It seems to drain me!

Sanyo massage chairs

5/22/2007 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home