Friday, April 13, 2007

Two Haiku

sweeping swirling
snow gently drifts down
-- a soft white blanket


snow melt mud
clinging to shoes,
running free


These were the last haiku of the Winter and the first haiku of Spring. Both were written in my head during runs. The first one was about a month ago. I thought it might be the last snow of the Winter. Yeah, right. It snowed yesterday -- April 12 -- then turned to sleet and then rain, and then rained out the Red Sox game I had tickets to. [At least the game was rescheduled.] The second one was written when I did my first run back on the trails after the snow and all the ice had melted and the rain finally let up enough to get out onto the trails. It was muddy.


Yes, I know, I haven't posted in a very long time. My post-race recovery turned into a bit more of a break from running. Not a complete break, but a more complete rest period. So I took a break from blogging as well. At least the writing part. I have still been reading all of your blogs out there (and commenting occasionally).


So, I still owe everyone at least a couple pictures from the last marathon, and an explanation for the prolonged absence. Look for my next post. Soon.

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Breaks are good, but welcome back :)

4/14/2007 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home