Monday, April 23, 2007

Kevin Spacey Made Me Run 2 Extra Miles

The weather in Boston was absolutely spectacular this weekend. Everybody was outside -- especially on Sunday.

Sunday was also supposed to be my first run over 8 miles in about a month. [I did a couple 9 milers as I was recovering from the marathon, but then cut way back to help the hamstring injury heal.] The plan was 9 miles -- down to the Charles River, across the Harvard Bridge (Mass. Ave. -- that's the one in the picture at the top of my blog), and back along the other side. But Kevin Spacey thwarted my plans.

Turns out he's filming his new movie 21 in and around Boston. On Sunday they completely closed the Mass. Ave. bridge. Couldn't even run across the bridge (through their set, of course). If I had just turned around and gone back home, I would have been about a half mile short on my run. So instead I kept running and crossed over on the Longfellow Bridge. That added about 2 miles to my run.

So I did 11 miles instead of 9. That's the furthest I've run since the marathon -- and it felt long. My legs are stiff today.

It's all Kevin Spacey's fault.

1 Comments:

Blogger runliarun said...

What does HE know?

4/23/2007 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home