Monday, April 16, 2007

Boston 2007 Pictures

Just a couple pics from today's race...

I was standing at mile 20, right in the middle of Heartbreak Hill. We have friends who live right there on Commonwealth Ave. (VERY convenient). They had a brunch/party today and I just sort of crashed it for a bit.

The weather was not great, but it could have been a lot worse. Deena was with the lead pack right into Wellesley (where she had to heed the call of nature). By the time the women reached this point (mile 20), it was down to these three. Lidiya (number 6) would eventually outpace the others in the last couple miles.



Deena still looked awesome. At mile 20 she was in 5th place, but had someone right behind her. I'm not sure when she pulled away, but at least she got a top 5 place (I think it was worth 1 point in the marathon series).



At mile 20, the lead pack for the men was still huge. There were probably two dozen running right together. By the top of the hill, the front 7 (I think) pulled away. If you watched it on TV, you know that Robert Cheruiyot very impressively pulled away not long after that. He's the one on the right wearing number 1.



After watching and cheering for some of the masses, and warming up at our friends' house, I had to head into work (yuk!). [And these uploads were delayed because when I got to work I discovered we were under an internet attack and our networks were on their knees.]

Lastly, prayers go out for the victims and families of all those involved in the terrible shooting incident this morning at Virginia Tech.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Great pics! Glad the weather didn't cancel the race. Although, if I were racing, I might feel differently about that. :P

4/18/2007 12:55 AM  
Blogger runliarun said...

A brunch with a view, how pleasant. I heard the weather was horrible.

4/19/2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home