Thursday, February 22, 2007

100 Days - 30000 Crunches

So 100 days ago, I saw some of you bloggers out there were picking up on these "daily challenges". I had been following Beansprout who did 100 consecutive days of 10K(+) runs. Then I see Olga takes on a daily challenge that included doing 300 abdominal repetitions per day (along with other "challenges") for 50 days, which she got from Rob the Runner who was doing something similar. So I, almost flippantly, decided to jump on the bandwagon...

Sure, sounds like fun, I'm going to do 300 ab reps per day for 100 days. That would take me almost up to my planned marathon. I figured the core strength would really help in the late miles of the race.

We'll see.

Today, 100 days later, I did my 30000th crunch.

Now I must confess that this represents an average of 300 per day. There were, in fact, days where I missed maybe 100, or 200 reps. Then I would make them up over the next day or two. But the vast majority of days it was 300 reps. A good chunk of them were sort of standard crunches, but I also did reverse crunches, twisting crunches, and other variations focusing on my sides and back as well. I feel pretty good. There were days I really wish I hadn't signed up for it. But I'm the type of person who, when he says he's going to do something, will follow through.

Rock hard abs? Well, pretty firm, but I need to lose a few more pounds before it's really visible. I'm not going to sweat it.

I'm more interested in maintaining my running form between miles 20 and 26 this Sunday. I'm looking forward to that challenge. It's only one day.

C-Ya

4 Comments:

Blogger runliarun said...

Oh, just smile widely at mile 20. It will carry you through.

2/22/2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Oh, brother.... are you flinging down a gauntlet here??? Do I hafta start something like this? Maybe I'll start Sunday, while you're running your marathon...

2/23/2007 10:12 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Wow! Nicely done.

Good luck at the marathon!!! :)

2/24/2007 1:28 AM  
Blogger D said...

Impressive Kurt!!

How did you do this weekend???? I am anxious to read your marathon report. I don't think they have the results up yet, I could only get to past year results...

2/26/2007 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home