Sunday, January 07, 2007

Big Miles (for me anyway)

After missing a key workout in each of the two previous weeks, this last week I nailed everything for the most miles I've ever run in a week.

This morning's long run, just shy of 21 miles, capped off a 60 mile week! And it was not a crappy run (like my last 20 miler a few weeks back). For the record, Monday through Sunday went as follows:

Mon: day off
Tue: 15 miles close to goal marathon pace (it was quite windy, so a little slower)
Wed: 4 easy
Thu: 6 medium
Fri: 7 medium (with hills)
Sat: 3 easy
Sun: 20+ (long)

And given the extreme weather we've had here, I was actually worried that this morning (January 7th in Boston) would be TOO WARM! It was 72 degrees yesterday (freaky). I ran in shorts and t-shirt and was SWEATING. But it did cool off and I had near perfect running weather -- mid 40's pushing into the low 50's by the time I finished.

C-Ya

5 Comments:

Blogger runliarun said...

You are modest :). It's big miles for most people. Very, very nice.

1/12/2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger D said...

Nice job on your 60 mile (and highest) week!

1/15/2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

A great week, man.

1/17/2007 12:35 AM  
Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Excellent! You are gonna ROCK Hyannis!

1/19/2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

yeah the weather is finally getting back to normal! We are upper 40's and sunshine! woohoo. NO MORE ICE! NO MORE SNOW!!! :)

1/20/2007 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home