Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Most Excellent Run (and a haiku)

blue gray lichen
edges the smooth wet stone
- reflecting cloudy skies

After two incredible unseasonably warm days (almost 70 degrees!), a cold front moved through this morning. It was chilly and rainy most of the morning. Luckily the rain had moved on by the time I went out for my run. I did wear gloves for the first time this season (and a long sleeve shirt, shorts, and hat). Although my hands were a little warm and sweaty by the end, I was dressed about right.

And it was a great 10 mile run. Through muddy trails. Colonial houses lining quaint streets in Concord. More muddy trails behind (North of) the Sleep Hollow cemetary. Returning the back way by the airport (Hanscom) and pounding up the last big hill to the parking lot.

8:28 pace all the way.

Feeling really good.

And to recap the last week...

Last week ended with a total of 38 miles, including a 10 miler last Thursday and 13 on Sunday. Tuesday of this week was 8 miles (a lot of trails) with 10 X 100m strideouts (during which I over-stressed my right quads -- they're better now). Yesterday was an easy-easy 5 miles.

This week will be a total of 42 miles with 14 on Sunday.

Congrats to everyone who ran marathons (Detroit and Marine Corps) last week!

C-Ya [some pics coming soon...]

5 Comments:

Blogger runliarun said...

I cannot even start to imagine such a weekly output...

11/02/2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

It wasn't that many years ago that I couldn't imagine doing those kind of miles...

11/03/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger D said...

You are speedy up Kurt. Nice.

11/03/2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger D said...

(speeding) I need to take another typing class obviously!

11/03/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

the 10 mile run sounds great! And you mileage is looking good!

11/03/2006 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home