Monday, November 20, 2006

Catching Up

It's been a few days since I posted, so here's the update...

Daily Challenge
Daily Challenge Status (300 ab reps per day for 100 days):
Day 6: 1800 down -- 28,200 to go
Days 1 and 2 were pretty easy. Started getting a little tougher on day 3. Today (day 6) was a bit easier. [I'm not going to post every day about this -- just enough to let everyone know how it's coming along.]

Thursday (11/16)

Nice 10-miler on mostly muddy trails again. Weather continued to be unseasonably warm. Thursday evening it was 72 degrees. Just weird.

Friday (11/17)

Did some cross training and then an easy 4 miler on very muddy trails.

Saturday (11/18)

Easy 5 miler -- twice around Fresh Pond. It was a bit colder Saturday morning and the rain seems to be gone now.

I built and (mostly) installed an island in our kitchen. By the time I went to bed, I was really tired. I knew then that Sunday morning's long run was not going to be much fun.

Sunday (11/19)

It wasn't fun. Down to the Charles River, over to the Science Museum, all the way back to Watertown (Beacon St. Bridge) and home. 16 miles. I felt slow and sluggish the whole way. Much slower than anything in the last few weeks (about 9:24 pace). I did pick up the pace in the last few miles.

Monday (today)

Cross training at lunch time. Rowing, abs, weights, cycling. I cut it a bit short because I had plenty of work to do and I also wanted to get some decent recovery time after yesterdays cruddy run. And...

We are officially EX-homeowners! Sellers closed this afternoon. No more mortgage payments for an empty house. Yeah!

Tempo run tomorrow. Hoping to pick up the pace a bit from the last one. We'll see.

C-Ya

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Oh, my..... you're going to get to Boston way before I am :-/ I'm still "resting" from IMFL. Maybe next week....

11/20/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger D said...

72 degrees - wow. Good running, Kurt! Congrats on selling your home!

11/25/2006 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home