Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Update

Update for the week.

Wednesday was an easy 4 miler. I have no idea how fast I ran it. Remember, I'm not wearing my watch on my easy/recovery runs. It was a great run on the trails around here (Minute Man National Park) as the Fall foliage is really beautiful now. It's nice to just run and enjoy my surroundings -- and the amazing Autumn transformation. Maybe on next weeks easy run I'll take some pics.

Thursday was cross-training. Mostly rowing, weights and abs (with 1 mile warmup and 1 mile cooldown).

Ah, but today...

Temperatures are a little bit cooler -- in the 50's. There is a little breeze. And I pushed the pace a little bit on my 6 mile run. Everything was clicking. About halfway through mile 3, that old familiar runner's high just flooded through my body. It lasted for almost a mile. I did have to push a bit to maintain pace in the last couple of miles, but ended up running the 6 miles in 49:50 (about an 8:18 pace). It felt REALLY good. I am so ready to begin marathon training again (but that will wait for one more week).

Tomorrow is a day off, then 12 miles Sunday morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Sure sounds like gorgeous running. It's pretty here in northern VA, too, cool and crisp today. Thanks for your support on my blog!

10/13/2006 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home