Sunday, September 10, 2006

Feeling Better

This morning was a nice relaxed run along the Charles River. Just over 7 miles. It was quite nice. I could feel my hamstrings tightening up after about 5 miles. I stopped to stretch for a bit and continued on. Felt good for the entire run. I'm thinking another easy week like this last one should do wonders. I'll add on a little bit more cross training (some circuit training), but that will be about it. I'll re-evaluate everything next week to determine whether I'm ready to start moving back up the mileage chain or not.

It does feel nice to have a life again. Short runs, not much overtime at work -- I've actually got time to do a little reading as well (some new Sci Fi short stories). Oops, I'm still supposed to be working my way through all that great literature. I'll get back to Ulysses as soon as I finish this story.

Or maybe the next one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Hey, your brain needs recovery too! I say enjoy those trashy scifi stories. They are trashy, right??? I mean, if they aren't, what's the point? ;)

9/12/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Trashy? Well, one of them is by a friend of mine -- Steven Popkes. Not sure he'd appreciate the label... But I'm sure I'll come across something trashy, though. (Not his, of course!)

It's a great anthology of some of the best short sci fi of last year.

9/13/2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home