Friday, September 22, 2006

Autumnal Equinox

Technically, the Autumnal Equinox is tonight at 11:02 (Eastern). Just thought I'd throw that in there as a public service announcement. And because I couldn't think of another title for this post.

Yesterday's easy 5-miler was quite nice. The weather has turned cool and it finally feels like Fall (early Fall, anyway). I continue to alternate between easy runs and a mix of cross-training, circuit-training and running, with a medium/long run on the weekend. The hamstring issue is, for the most part, behind me (no pun intended). I'm aware of it, but it doesn't bother me and seems to be getting better each week.

As I mentioned previously, I'm now into the "rebuilding my base" phase. That means I get to start increasing my weekly mileage! I am so looking forward to that. I really can't wait to get out on some longer and harder runs. I'm feeling good and the weather has been spectacular.

This weekend I'll be in the Kansas City area to work on the "house-that-won't-sell". I need to make a few repairs and touch up some paint (actually repaint a couple of rooms). While there, I'm looking forward to getting out on some of my old trails -- and meeting up and running with DGC for a run on Sunday. I expect she'll kick my ass.

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

...and I was trying to be all undercover on my site......

I'm sure we'll run well together - looking forward to it!

9/23/2006 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home