Monday, September 18, 2006

Anybody Running Austin?

Sunday was the last run of my "recovery" phase. I did an easy 7 miles along the Charles River trails. I felt my left hamstring tighten up around mile 5, but it didn't last long and miles 6 and 7 felt great. I'm getting antsy to start building up my training again.

And so, today was the first day of my "rebuilding" phase. And ... I did some cross-training (1 mile warmup, circuit training/cycling, 1 mile cool down), about one hour.

I'm planning 4 or 5 weeks of rebuilding before I start marathon training. During this period I'll increase my mileage from about 24 miles per week to about 34 miles per week. My Sunday medium to medium-long run will increase from 8 (this week) to about 12 at the end.

Haven't decided on my marathon yet. I'm looking to do one in February and I'm considering either Austin, TX or Hyannis, Mass. (Oh yeah, Cape Cod in February). I'm sure Austin would be a lot of fun. It's such a great city -- the music, the food. But Hyannis is a bit closer to home (and therefore quite a bit cheaper).

Any other bloggers out there doing Austin?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no...but that's a GREAT idea! i wouldn't do the full, maybe the 1/2. my brother and his gf just moved out there...hmmm...

i've done that 1/2 before in 2004. LOVED it. great temps. easy course (all downhill for the 1/2-but i think they might have changed the course since then). great city....

i can't believe they would even shcedule a marathon on the cape in February...

9/18/2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

I think I may be doing Houston or Phoenix, but no definite decision on that. For all I know I may break my ankle at JFK and won't be running again till the fall, so I am keeping my options open.

Glad to hear the running is going well. I love the fall too, best season for running, too bad it always seems to be the shortest season.

9/19/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I think I'm going to have to pass. As much as I would *LOVE* to go to Austin again, the finances will be keepin me close to home through these last few months of starving-studentdom.

9/21/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home