Friday, June 30, 2006

Tagged

warm sunlight
filters through the bog
-- cranberries glow

Today was an 8 mile tempo run. Well, 2 mile warmup, then 4 miles close to tempo pace (8:32), then 2 miles easy. It was 78F and 54% relative humidity. Warm, but not bad at all. It felt very good. And I noticed cranberries growing in the "swampy" areas along the trail.

[And now for something completely different.]

Tagged by Audrey, I'll play along...

4 Jobs I've Had (prior to my current career)
* Programmer for Univ. of Ariz. Laboratory of Tree Ring Research (coding in Fortran)
* Trombonist for the Konza Brass Quintet -- hey, we actually had a couple paying gigs
* Belt laminator -- glued suede onto leather at a western style belt manufacturing company
* Driver for Arizona Public Service (Util. Co.) - I drove a van around Phoenix one summer listening to the radio all day long - one of the best jobs I ever had.

4 Movies I watch over and over
* The Commitments
* Best of Times
* Big Trouble in Little China
* Desperately Seeking Susan (weird, huh?)

4 Places I have lived
* Overland Park, KS
* Prescott, AZ
* Phoenix, AZ
* Tucson, AZ

4 TV Shows I watch
I don't watch anything these days, but have found these shows amusing...
* The Office (both the British and American versions)
* My Name is Earl
* The Red Green Show
* BTVS

4 Places I've Been on Vacation
[In no particular order.]
* Victoria, BC
* Honolulu, Hawaii
* Copper Harbor, Mich
* La Paz, Mexico

4 websites I visit daily
* www.bloglines.com (covers a lot of ground)
* www.overheardintheoffice.com
* www.wunderground.com (personal weather stations!)
* www.marketwatch.com

4 Favorite Foods
* my mother-in-law's red chili (I normally prefer green chili, but hers will peel the tissue off the roof of your mouth and make your eyelids sweat)
* buttermilk pancakes with blueberries after a long run
* a spoonbread dish my wife makes (that's what we call it -- spoonbread)
* cuban-style black bean soup over rice with chopped onions, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar on top (my mouth is watering now)

4 Places I'd Rather Be
* up on the roof of our building
* ...with the rest of our work group
* ...drinking beers
* or, at home (I'm at work right now)

4 Favorite Bands/Singers
[Sorry, not my 4 favorites, just 4 of my many favorites...]
* Royal Crown Revue
* Richard Shindell
* Joni Mitchell
* John Coltrane

Bloggers I'm Tagging
[No pressure, play along only if you'd like to.]
* Anne - if it takes your mind off the injury
* Turnip - haven't heard from you in a while, are you lurking?
* Craig - I think this might be interesting...
* My brother - if he's reading!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly think the jobs question is the most interesting one...and you do not disaspoint!

6/30/2006 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home