Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Still Feeling Sunday's Run

tall summer grass
shushing and bending
- resume spiring

My trail running has been taking me through these fields of very tall grasses. Some of it is 4 to 6 feet high. Very cool running down the trail, almost completely hidden by the grass.

And as the title says, I can still feel the effects of Sunday's long run. As great as the run felt, it really wiped me out. On Monday I just spent time stretching, did some ab work, and cycled just a bit to get my legs moving.

Today, Tuesday, I did an easy 4 mile warm-up on the trails (about a 9:10 pace). Temperature was 84F, 57% relative humidity. Enough to start some good sweating. Then I went inside and did intervals on the treadmill -- 7 X 800m at 7:20/mile pace with 2 minute recovery in between. Total of 9 miles.

Stay cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home