Friday, April 14, 2006

Lovely Day, Easy Run

lush verdant moss
crowds the violet crocus
...maples and oaks ready

Yes, it's beginning to look like Spring. Thursday's easy 5 mile run on the trail through the Minute Man National Park was quite nice. Temperature was in the high 60's. Smaller plant life is quite active but the larger trees are still just showing their first buds. It looks like Spring is about to explode. Easy relaxed run at about a 9:20 pace.

Friday is a day off. (This is recovery week, remember?) That's a good thing because it's also tax season and my taxes this year are just insanely complicated. (Yes, I'm a procrastinator -- even though I'm getting a refund.) A late Thursday night got them mostly completed -- still need to wrap up the multiple state filings.

I'm looking forward to a couple of medium runs this weekend (ending with the Freedom Run on Sunday morning), and hopefully meeting a few more RBF'ers. And of course I'm also looking forward to watching and cheering at the Boston Marathon on Monday. It will be interesting to see if Meb can be the first American in years to win Boston. He's got some stiff competition, but it sounds like he's in good form. It will be a good race under good weather conditions.

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I haven't done my taxes either, but I still owe from last year, so even though I'm getting a refund, I won't see it *sigh*.

Enjoy watching the Marathon on Monday. Heh, do you get itchy feet (want to hop in & run) when watching a race? lol.

4/15/2006 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home