Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Another Recovery Week

Sweet.

I'm not really that tired from last weeks big mileage, but taking it easier (I didn't say easy, just easier) will help with the rebuilding, allowing me to continue pushing myself at this level.

Monday was a recovery day. I did an ab workout and just cycled for a few minutes to get my legs moving.

Tuesday was an easy-paced medium run -- 8 miles. Ran out to Concord and back. Since I had a conflict around lunchtime I did this run at the end of the day. The only downside to that was more traffic. But a good part of the run is on a trail next to the road so it wasn't too bad.

Wednesday (today) was my first speed workout, a "Max VO2" workout. For a very controlled environment, and due to the lack of a nearby track, I did the workout on the treadmill. After a 3 mile warm-up, I did 5 X 600m at 5K pace (7:25 - 7:30) with 90 second recovery. Cool-down was 2+ miles for a total of 8 miles. The workout felt great, and now the next couple of days will be very easy.

C-Ya

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I sometimes enjoy speedwork on treadmills because it helps keep me "honest" about the pace and distance and, for some reason, keeps me on track. I'm planning to do something similar as you next week.

Soon, everything will be in bloom in Boston. Then that run to Concord will be really cool. (Well, warm, actually, but...)

4/12/2006 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home