Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Still Running in the Cold

under the snow,
under the ice,
a stream flows

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a good workout. 8 miles with 10 X 100m strideouts in the last mile. I barely squeezed the workout in between two meetings I had. It's still pretty cold here. A jacket over a long sleeve shirt, running pants, and a cap were all necessary. Cold and windy.

Last night we had dinner with friends at a place in east Cambridge called Helmand. Afghan food. Very tasty and reasonably priced. I was surprised to see that the place was completely full (reservations were required on a Tuesday evening). Highly recommended.

Today was an easy recovery run of 5 miles. It felt almost as cold today. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow in the afternoon. Hopefully after I get my 10 miles in.

C-Ya

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I don't think I've ever had Afghan food. What was it like? Similar to Indian? I love indian food.. mmmm. Great, now I'm hungry....

3/01/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Actually, the Afghan food seemed more Middle Eastern, but with Indian influences as well. We had spiced rices and Kabobs, but there were also some sauce-based foods that definitely reminded me of Indian food. If you like either Middle Eastern or Indian foods, you would like Afghan food.

3/02/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger D said...

So Kurt, what are you training for? Any upcoming marathons on the schedule?

3/03/2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

OK, so I still haven't gotten around to completing my blog template update. I've now added my upcoming races.

3/06/2006 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home