Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Return to Sleepy Hollow

Yesterday's workout was 7 miles followed by 10 X 100m strideouts. It was a bit chilly. I ran out to the Sleepy Hollow cemetary again. This time, going a little further, I ran up "Author's Ridge" and found the markers for the Alcotts (the whole family) as well as Emerson and clan. Very peaceful place. Next time through I'll try to find Hawthorne and Thoreau. On my way back I did notice a small marker on the side of the road - "Birth site of Henry David Thoreau", his maternal grandmother's home site. I did the strideouts on a flat (slightly downhill) stretch of road at the end of the Hanscomb airport runway. When I finished (a total of 8+ miles with the strideouts and return jogs) I had to run up the last hill to my work facility. I was whipped.

Now today there is still some soreness in my legs, so the planned cross-training day will be another welcome relief. Tomorrow is 9 miles. I've got another historical point of interest in mind for my destination, but more about that tomorrow...

C-Ya

2 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Man I am so ready to get to Boston!!! It is such a great city to visit. I can imagine it is one of the only cities I would be willing to live in.

2/08/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger ida said...

I think that cemetery just made my "must visit" list. Sounds incredible.

2/08/2006 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home