Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fresh Pond Dogs Haiku (The Missing Post)

I don't know what happened with blogger. I had this post up, a couple people tried to add comments, now it's gone. So here it is again.

Saturday morning I went out for an easy 3-mile "recovery" run. It was a little chilly. Ran over to "Fresh Pond" where everybody in the area walks their dogs. The sun was shining and a mist was rising up from the water. The dogs were all doing their things. So here is a haiku for the Fresh Pond Dogs.


sun warms mist rising
sniffing and wagging
laughing dogs play sacred games



Now of course I've already revised the haiku. The one above follows the basic form, but is too wordy and the last line is too much my interpretation of the moment. So here is the revised version.

sun warms mist rising
wagging dogs sniff musty leaves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home