Saturday, January 14, 2006

Soaking up the Arizona Experience

Less than 24 hours to go...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I can feel all of you lifting me up already along the course. It means a lot to me and I'm sure to all the other RBFer's running tomorrow.

Last night Mom, Sis, Anita and I went out to hear an old friend of mine playing at one of the Hilton resorts. It was like the quintessential Arizona experience - listening to old-time music, by a fire, on a chilly January night out under the stars and a beautiful moon. The band is "Joshua Stone" and anybody familiar with the bluegrass scene in Arizona during the 70's probably remembers them. They reunited about 4 years ago and play occasionally around Phoenix. My friend Lee is one of the top banjo pickers in the state - and he can play just about anything with strings on it.



Today I decided to go out for a brief run to stretch things out. I warmed up for about 3/4 mile then ran 1 mile at what I thought should be my marathon pace. My watch read 8:52 for the mile. Spot on. I'm thinking the training I did at marathon pace is going to pay off. Brief cool down for a total of 2 miles. I could still feel the tightness in my adductor, but really pretty minor. I think it'll hold out for the race.

Tonight will be a light meal (including a little bit of pasta) and maybe a movie to relax. Relatively early to bed - gotta get up around 4:30 to eat some breakfast. Tomorrow's the big day!

3 Comments:

Blogger ida said...

8:52 is spectacular! Hope all went well and the trip back to Boston is a safe one.

1/15/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

It was so great meeting you yesterday! Can't wait to read your race report!

Great job on the race! Hope you had a good flight back to Boston!

1/16/2006 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Kurt. I'm very proud of you.

1/16/2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home