Monday, January 30, 2006

Race Plans

My next marathon:



Actually, that's the view from the marathon.

"Wait a minute... that doesn't look like Duluth! I thought you were going to run Grandma's Marathon?"

Well, that was the plan until I couldn't find a hotel within 50 miles of Duluth (except for one B&B that wanted a three night minimum at almost $300 a night -- screw that). Sorry, DGC, guess I won't be seeing you at this one -- I'm sure you'll have a blast though. But I found a pretty interesting marathon.

I've just registered for the North Olympic Discovery Marathon set for June 11th.

It's small.



It's relatively flat.



It's got great local character.



It's on the north end of the Olympic penninsula and looks absolutely beautiful.



It starts in Sequim and follows the North Olympic Discovery Trail along the coast to Port Angeles on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Plus I'm always up for a few days in the Emerald City!

I'm also picking out a few races to intersperse in my training.

March: Run to Remember - 5 mile (Boston, Mass. March 12th)
[or]
Ras na hEireann USA ("The Race of Ireland and USA") 5K (Somerville, Mass. March 19th)

April: GMAA Rollin Irish Half Marathon (Vermont - April 22nd)

May: Long Island Half Marathon (New York - May 7th)

That's it for now.

Oh, today was an easy 4 miler over gently rolling hills. Ran from work (Lincoln, Mass.) out to Concord and back (started to head for the trail but found it still completely covered in snow so I hit the roads). Still aware of that adductor on the early hills, but nothing after that. It was a little brisk (forgot my cap).

C-Ya

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Hey!!!! That's my neck of the woods!!!! You're coming to see ME???!?! Yeah!!

1/30/2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger ida said...

Such breathtaking scenery! Looks like a great race.

1/31/2006 7:08 AM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Uh ... yeah, Tammy, I chose that race just so I could see YOU again!

1/31/2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Wow it does look beautiful!

1/31/2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home