Friday, January 13, 2006

Last Workout before Race

Thursday was my last planned workout, another tempo run. After a 2 mile warmup, 3 X 1000m at marathon pace (4 min recovery) followed by cooldown. 6 miles total. No running on Friday, but I'll probably do a short (2 mile) run on Saturday just to keep things stretched out.

I was also pleasantly surprised to feel much less tightness in my right adductor. I've of course been worried about it, but I only felt a little tightness as I warmed up. At this point it's almost gone (though I'm sure I'll be feeling it a bit after the race on Sunday).

I had a short Jet Blue flight from Boston to JFK, then the long one to Phoenix. Not a bad operation; good prices, comfortable seats. It's now my second preference in airlines (after Midwest). Didn't get to bed until after midnight and had to get up early to pick up my wife Anita across town (she came earlier in the week to spend some time with her sister). After breakfast it's off to the race expo then a nap.

4 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Ahh so envious that you are already in Arizona and I am still in Ohio!

Glad that everything is feeling pretty good!

See you Sunday!

1/13/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Ah yes... about 74 degrees today! (And the Expo wasn't too crowded. It'll be a zoo tomorrow.)

1/13/2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Good luck! Hope you have a great race!!

1/14/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger ida said...

Run like the wind!

1/14/2006 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home