Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Last Full Training Week B4 Marathon

After Sunday's 14-miler, Monday brings an easy 3 miles. Just enough to stretch out. And since I'm feeling some pulling in my right adductor, I decide it's a good idea to take it real easy.

Tuesday is my last fast workout: 2 mile warm-up followed by 3 x (800m-600m-600m) @ 5K effort, 90 seconds recovery, 4 minutes between sets, then a mile or so cooldown. 9 miles total.

Wednesady is an easy 4, and Thursday is a 15 minute warmup followed by 2 x 15 minutes @ marathon tempo, 5 minutes recovery, followed by about a 1 mile cooldown. 7 miles total.

The tightness in my adductor is still there and I decide it needs as much rest as possible before the marathon so I take the next two days off (Friday and Saturday). On Sunday I go for a nice easy 10 mile run (Charles River of course). My leg feels pretty good, but I can feel the tightness still. There is no pain, but I feel like I'm riding a fine edge here. A couple hours after my run it's very tight but loosens up as I walk a bit in the afternoon. I will take Monday off, run Tuesday, Wednesday off, run Thursday, and then rest until the race on Sunday.

Total for the week is 33 miles. One more week until the marathon.

And then what? Since the start of the new year I've been thinking about my goals for the year, but that will be the subject of another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home