Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Getting Ready to Rock and Roll

After taking Monday off to rest the right adductor, I did my second to last planned workout on Tuesday. After a 2 mile warm-up, 3 (plus) miles at marathon pace followed by a 1 mile cooldown. Total of 6 miles. The adductor felt very tight for the first 30 seconds, and I could still feel the tightness as I was warming up, but by the time I got to the marathon pace, I could hardly even feel it. In fact, everything felt very good. And I didn't feel any tightness after the workout either. I've been very careful to stretch everything before and after running.

Looking good for this weekend.

I'll take Wednesday off and have one last workout on Thursday (though I may also go for a very short run on Saturday just to stretch out).

On a side note, I was amused to talk with a couple friends from Phoenix last night. Two different conversations went exactly the same way:

"So, I'm doing the Arizona marathon on Sunday."

"You're doing what? The what marathon?"

"The Arizona Rock and Roll marathon."

"Oh! The P. F. Chang run!"

"Yeah, that's the one."

I guess P. F. Chang is getting their money's worth of publicity.

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

I have had the same convo. Everyone is calling it PF Chang apparently.

1/11/2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Same here! Regardless, let's get ready to rock!! :)

Have a safe flight and I hope to see you down there. :)

1/12/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Best of luck this weekend in AZ, Kurt. Sounds like you're ready to rock 'n' roll.

1/12/2006 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home