Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Feels Good to Run Again

Boy howdy, does it feel good to run again! Even if it's just an easy 4 miler.

In a dream last night I was running up a long hill. As I started running, I realized I could run a whole lot faster and accelerated up the hill, running, leaping with pure abandonment, for no other reason but that I could do it. So exhilirating. Pure joy.

Couldn't wait to run today at lunchtime.

An easy 4 miler. It sounds anti-climactic after the dream but I enjoyed every minute of the run. The adductor is feeling much better. There was no tightness at all when I started (a first for the last several weeks). I could feel some tightness after about a mile, but not bad at all. I'll continue running only every other day for a while and see how it progresses.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

Welcome back to running! I'm glad your adductor is better! Run strong!

1/24/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger ida said...

Easy four miler... show off! ;)

1/24/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Woohoo! I did an easy 2.5 miler yesterday; 12-min miles, but no walking. After that marathon fiasco I'm switching over to run-only. This run/walk crap is for the birds!

Glad you are feeling better. Bolder is doing a post on ITBS, and I will be posting my experience later tonight on my blog.

1/25/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

hmm I need more dreams like that. Maybe then I won't be dragging up the hills like last night!

1/25/2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger D said...

Nice! Glad you are running and you seem to be recovering well.

You were right about Grandma's area hotels being sold out. WOW. We ended up getting a cottage - a few of my running pals are running this one as well so the cost when split ends up to be the equivalent of what we would have spent on a hotel room and we are definitely getting more than just a hotel room!
Happy Running!

1/25/2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Continue to ease back into it so you don't have a setback later on. I've gotta hand it to you and all the other Boston area runners...this stuff is hard to work out in. If it isn't the ice patches, the wind will knock you out!

1/26/2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home