Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fall Colors and a Great Run

Yesterday (Wednesday) was an easy (recovery) day. Ran 4 miles along the Minute Man trail at lunchtime. Legs were a bit stiff.

My sense is that the Fall colors are pretty much at their peak now. The trees are absolutely stunning. Kansas never had such spectacular colors. We've got an ash tree in our backyard in Overland Park that every year turns a particularly magnificent shade of orange, but it's usually the exception. Maybe some maples will go to red, but most trees just go from green to yellow to brown to barren. Here in the western suburbs of Boston there are so many different colors. Just beautiful.

Today was a 6 mile tempo run. Again, ran through the Minute Man trails. First 2 miles (warmup) I took easy -- 19:01. The next 2 miles I tried to gradually accelerate from start to end, time was 16:15 (averaged just over 8 minute miles). Surprisingly, my cooldown 2 miles was 19:02 (one second longer than the warmup). Each section felt perfect and I was pleasantly tired at the end.

Tomorrow is a day off as I fly back to Kansas for the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kurt in Boston said...

Upcoming races: Yeah, I'm planning on doing a 5K in Wellesley next week (better add it to my template). Longer term is the Arizona Rock and Roll marathon in January. I'll be ready for a break from the New England winter.

10/21/2005 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home